Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

Any company that outsources their benefits to Discovery Benefits is a part of the scam.In the fine language of open enrollment (December) you are notified that you must use any funds in your FSA or Dependent Care account within 90 days of leaving a company.

This is what they say, but I don't recall reading that during open enrollment and when I left my company in August, I certainly wouldn't be able to recall that. Which is the scam that they employ. On my exit from my company, they said that I could add FSA and Dependent care to my Cobra, but again fail to mention that I have 90 days to submit claims from exit date. Discovery Benefits wants to hide behind IRS rules, but it is clear they are trying to not educate employees of their benefits so that they can reap their rewards.

Now they will argue that they use these funds to support the program, but Discovery Benefits is already paid handsomely to administer the benefit, that they clearly aren't trying to administer. I partially blame the IRS for allowing this kind of behavior. If nothing, else those funds should be applied back into the system and taxed.

I won't even get into the fact that their system is a pile of junk and their debit cards rarely work.They are an insurance look alike, who is in the business of rejecting claims and hoping to catch people off guard.

Review about: Discovery Benefits Claim.

Comments