Update by user Mar 08

The Google and youtube account "info" trhat pissidconsumer requires makes me wonder if you're actually a legitimate site for consumer complaints.

Original review posted by user Mar 07

In the summer of 2016 the dental coverage (under COBRA) I had been paying for through Discovery Benefits (DB) was stated to my DDS as "no coverage" when the claim was filed.Multiple calls to Discovery Benefits and to Met Life (ML) took me in a circle with each blaming the other when I had proof of coverage received from the provider and proof of cleared premium checks.

Eventually the claim was paid and DB claimed they just resent the confirmation of coverage to ML who had been ignoring confirmation previously. Fast forward to 2017, increased dental insurance premium effective 1/1/2017 and a biannual cleaning in JAnuary, 2017 resulted in a similar denial to my DDS of any coverage from ML...although this time they admit to me that I do have coverage but state that the coding from DS is in error, the SUB and BRANCH numbers provided are not accurate. I ask why they can know this and still accept premium payments but not provide the coverage. They return to blaming DS.

DS initially claims that nothing has changed from 2016 to 2017 and offer to resent the confirmation to ML (familiar ploy). Nothing has changed except the premium I ask. Then I point out that both companies are blaming the other, same as in the summer of 2016. Eventually a ML voice puts me on death hold while she ostensibly chats with a "Ty" at DS and he confirms to her that the SUB and BRANCH codings are new for 2017 (interesting admission when less than an hour before "nothing had changed from 2016 to 2017") but the employer has not yet provided them and he will request the new codings (SUB and BRANCH numbers).

I get this information and point out that DS and ML are both aware of my increased premium and the fact that I have coverage and have paid my premiums but are not aware that they needed to get new coding numbers from the employer even when a claim was made, much like a sophisticated criminal enterprise the 2 of them have taken money for a service which they strive to not provide. I believe they likely add to their profits each year by wearing out premium payers with the deluge of BS their employees seem to be so well versed on when the coverage is denied to exist.

In my profession nothing like this duplicity could survive more than a few days without heads rolling.I'd like to see these criminals prosecuted under the RICO act.

Review about: Dental Insurance.

Preferred solution: Westinghouse and WECTEC should find a reputable firm to handle their COBRA insurance coverage..

I didn't like: Inflexibility, Promising one thing and not delivering it at all, Takes your money for services and doesnt deliver.

Had an Experience with Discovery Benefits?

Comments